A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

On to the Next Round

Thanks for the advice re the border. As you can see I decided to go for red.


The 9 patches on the left are hand dyes given to me by a quilting friend. Unfortunately there were only 6. The block top right is made up of tiny, tiny squares I received in a swap.

I'm thinking of using the hand dyes for the next border, as per the photo, and adding some more red on the right.

I'll then switch over for the next round with the tiny squares on the right and more red on the left, but I may  not get that far!

I know it's not at all similar to the original quilt design, but this seems to be gaining some sort of momentum and I like the way its going.

9 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Fabulous gifts to receive! And how much fun will you have working with them?! And momentum is always good, it's being stuck in a rut that does more harm! Oh, wait...don't trip over anything going outside around steps!

Clare said...

Michele - I hope you can run fast. I'm coming at you with the fly swat!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The red is fabulous!!!!!

What fun to watch this evolve!

Nifty Quilts said...

I love the red border. Have fun with the momentum!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh, man...Clare is after me..with my own fly swat, too! Dang, do you think she still limps so it will slow her down? Oh, no...she's the wild, mad, crazy English woman living in France and she is fast with both my life and her limbs ;)

(PS for those who don't know, my first comment referred to Clare tripping on a piece of concrete step and breaking a leg last year...the wrong kind of spontaneous momentum!)

Heidi said...

Isn't that how it should be, evolving and having fun :-)
Who cares about the original ;-)
Looks great to me

Tonya Ricucci said...

Love the red border - great addition. go go go, take the inspiration and make it your own. love those itty bitty squares!!!! have fun and look out for Michele.

Rachaeldaisy said...

You are so on the right track!!! Red and the squares look great!! Don't break any legs!

Irene V. said...

No broken bones on this one,it,s Clare,s liberated square dance.