A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Place Names


Hi! I'm Hedgehog. Some of you might know me from my blog (Life's a Quilt) or from an ealier Tonya class. I've been lurking here for a little while and am always inspired to see what other people are doing. Tonya's been bugging me to share this project here, so here I am, coming out from the shadows.

I started this quilt in 2007 - in Tonya's first online class! Then it marinated for a loooooong time in a cupboard. It's a quilt of all the places I've lived in my life (so far) - a total of 22 cities/towns in 6 US states and 7 countries. I hope to post a photo of the finished quilt here in the not-so-distant future. In the meantime, you can follow my progress on my blog!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

it's great. I've been admiring it on your blog too!

Tonya Ricucci said...

it's faaaabulous. thank you so much for sharing it here.

Jennifer D said...

Oh gosh! Those are the best!

Lynn said...

Oh what a fun quilt this is going to be! Great idea.

Ann Champion said...

What a neat idea. I love the variety in your letters.

Carol E. said...

Great idea! So glad you came out of lurkdom.