A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Humbug!

Sorry. I know Tonya wanted Christmas humbug blocks with bugs on, but I couldn't get past my original idea of mint humbugs, the stripey sweets, so that is what I've done!



I used some lovely gold starry fabric for the background, and black and white stripes for the letters and I'm quite pleased with it. I put an extra strip on the top, so it can be cut down to size later.
If you can't use it in the quilt, Tonya, I'm happy for it to be on the back or in another quilt, but I had such fun making it I couldn't stop!

11 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

it's fabulous, Lynda. and I'm thrilled you interpreted in a way that means something fun for you. woohoo!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love it! The striped fabric is so cool and I like the little treat on the right of the word!

deborah said...

Love the stripes!

Amanda said...

I love the idea of mint humbugs, that was my first thought too, after Scrooge of course.

Kim said...

Oh I never heard of this sweet treat but your block sure is GREAT....strips all going the same way......wowsers.

Happy sewing

PurplePickle said...

Wonderful block. I love it.
Mary C.

Kristin Shields said...

Fabulous block! I like that striped fabric!

Jennifer D said...

I don't know what a mint humbug is but I sure like your block! I love the exclamation point treat.

Ann Champion said...

The stripes look great! Were they a challenge to work with?

Clare said...

When I first saw the word "humbug" I thought of them too. Definitely a UK thing! Do you remember the huge triangular ones?

Like the H.

Amy said...

reminds me of beetlejuice