A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I just had to try it...




I've been seeing the pieced words springing up all over blogland and put trying the technique at the top of my list for the new year. I got the book and read through it right away.


I was laying awake in bed thinking about it last night. What word would I try? What fabrics?
Then this afternoon I saw Tonya's bah humbug! challenge. Could I do it?




I had never pieced a letter before, but now I had a word to try. I dug through my fabrics looking for bug fabric, reds, limey green. Hmmm...this is going to be harder than I thought to stay within the guidelines.


I found a bug fabric in the right colors, but it has lady bugs..pretty obvious and more like the example of ants that was given as not quite what she was looking for. I decided to try it anyway, just to see if I could do it. I can get more creative later.


I had my word laying on the table when my son came in. He made a funny face and asked why I sewed 4e9. Hmmph! It was upside down. I decided to add an ! and although it isn't quite what Tonya wanted, it let me know I can do it.



Now I need to get more creative and see what I can come up with?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks perfectly fine to me - great job!

Nifty Quilts said...

This looks great. I've got almost the same lady bug fabric, which I'll cut from an old pair of boxer shorts. (Don't worry, I'll BOIL them first.) Maybe I'll work on the humbug.

Amy said...

love it!!

Cheryl Willis said...

good for you getting one done so quick. cw