A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Feeling Blue

I've just finished my first attempt at making letters, following the instructions from Tonya's new book. I'm reasonably happy with the letters themselves, but not with all of my fabric choices, Some of the contrast is too low, so the letters don't show up too well. And I've just spotted that I've put one of the borders on the wrong way round. Drat! But they were fun to make.
So, now I'm off to attempt a Bah! Humbug! and see what happens.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I love the blues!keep up the good work,Amy

Ann Champion said...

You did a really good job on the letters. The contrast does make a difference, but we're still learning, right? :) It's a fun quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the feel of the quilt.

First time with letters? Bet it won't be your las!

:-)

Anonymous said...

An excellent first attempt! The quilt looks great.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Just think of it as people have to look closer at the quilt to figure out what the words are. you learned (and much quicker than I did!) about the contrast thing. lovely quilt and woohoo on the first letters!